What can I find on Marsad?
What categories of information can I find on Marsad?
Marsad visitors can select among three categories of information:
- Press articles published on Palestinian and international websites
- Opinions & Analyses pieces written by Palestinian and international commentators
- Reports issued by local and international civil society organisations involved in security sector governance and reform.
What actors are covered by Marsad ?
Marsad collects news and information related to the six main actors in Palestinian security sector governance and reform. These six main actors are sorted in the concentric circle scheme on the left of the site. It is possible to click on each to read the related information. These six actors are:
- Core security & justice providers
- Executive authorities
- Legislative oversight bodies
- Judicial authorities
- Civil society and media
- International assistance providers
How can Marsad visitors refine their search?
Marsad users can refine their search as follows:
- If you have selected a type of information, click on any of the actors to refine your search.
- If you have selected an actor in the security sector, click on the type of information you want to access.
- If you have selected an article, click on any of the items in the box “Related Content” (on the right) to open an article on a similar topic.
- If you have selected an article, click on any of the items in the box “Related Categories” to find a selection of articles on that topic.
Can I publish on Marsad?
Actors in the Palestinian security sector, journalists and authors can propose their texts for publication by sending them to the Marsad editorial team. The email addresses to which documents should be sent can be found here.